What is QAA?
Quality Assurance and Accreditation Department
What are QAA components?
- Quality Assurance
What are QAA responsibilities?
The Quality Assurance and Accreditation Department (QAA) is responsible for monitoring and reviewing all quality assurance activities and performance within the University. This work is varied and includes:
- Ensuring the implementation of the ASU QA Framework
- The auditing of ASU committees for conformance
- Policy management, such as monitoring and review
- New program development and approval
- Program annual monitoring and review
- Accreditation and standards
- The department also facilitates training as when required
What are QAA objectives?
- Development, implementation, and communication of clear and robust policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Meeting the regulatory requirements of the Ministry of Higher Education, Research, and Innovation, the Oman Academic Accreditation Authority, and other relevant external bodies.
- Performance monitoring and reflection.
- Creating and promoting a culture of self-reflection
- Continuously improving and enhancing the quality of all we do.
- Acting on feedback from students, staff, and other internal and external stakeholders, and sharing ideas and good practices across the university.