- Accounting and Finance
- Management Information Systems
- Records and Archives Management
- Team Entrepreneurship
Assistant Professor- MIS
College of Business Administration
|Job Title:||Assistant Professor- MIS|
|College:||College of Business Administration|
I have 20 years of experience in teaching and research. Currently, I’m a Hod and assistant professor MIS department. I have many contributions to the field since 2000, along with several publications in international journals, and conferences.
- Ph.D. 27-02-2012 Computer Science Chungbuk National University South Korea
- MBA 17-01-2008 Business Administration Science, in Marketing Management specialization. University of Medical Sciences & Technology Sudan
- M.Sc. 21-09-2003 Computer Science and Information University of Gezira Sudan
- PGDCS 22-06-2003 Computer Science University of Gezira Sudan
- B.Sc. 20-07-1997 Economic & Administrative Sciences ( Business Administration) Omdurman Ahlia University Suda
My research interests are machine learning, data mining, dynamic learning for data mining, process mining ubiquitous computing, stream data processing, bioinformatics, biomedicine, and knowledge base information retrieval, with an emphasis on making data retrieval and exploration in emerging applications more effective, efficient, and robust.
Ryu KS, Park HW, Park SH, Shon HS, Ryu KH, Lee DG, Bashir M, et al. Comparison of clinical outcomes between culprit vessel only and multivessel percutaneous coronary intervention for ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction patients with multivessel coronary diseases. J Geriatr Cardiol. 2015;12(3):208–17.
Bashir MEA, Lee DG, Ishag IM, Okasha M, Sun H, Ryu KH. Adeptness Associative Learning Method for Real-Time Cardiac Arrhythmia Detection. The 4th International Conf FITAT Chiang Mai, Thailand2014;9–13.
Lee DG, Ryu KS, Bashir M, Bae J-W, Ryu KH. Discovering Medical Knowledge using Association Rule Mining in Young Adults with Acute Myocardial Infarction. J Med Syst. 2013;37(2):9896.
Bashir MEA, Ryu KS, Yun U, Ryu KH. Pro-Detection of Atrial Fibrillation using a Mixture of Experts.IEICE Transactions on Information and Systems2012;(12):2982–2990.
Bashir MEA, Ryu KS, Park SH, Lee DG. Pro-detection of Atrial Fibrillation with ECG Parameters Mining Technique. 2012;717–24.
Bashir MEA, Lee DG, Li M, Bae JW, Shon HS, Cho MC, et al. Trigger learning and ecg parameter customization for remote cardiac clinical care information system. IEEE Trans Inf Technol Biomed. 2012;16(4):561–71.
Bashir MEA, Lee DG, Akasha M, Yi GM, Cha EJ, Bae JW, et al. Highlighting the current issues with pride suggestions for improving the performance of real time cardiac health monitoring. Lect Notes Comput Sci (including Subser Lect Notes Artif Intell Lect Notes Bioinformatics). 2010;6266 LNCS:226–33.
Bashir MEA, Ishaq IM, Okasha M, Ryu KS, Ho S, Ryu KH. Endoscopy Transmissions System for Remoteness Medical Diagnoses. The 5th International Conf FITAT Jilin, China 2015;125–129.
Bashir MEA, Yi GM, Piao M, Shon HS, Ryu KH. Fine-tuning ECG Parameters Technique for Precise Abnormalities Detection. In International Conf on Bioscience, Biochemistry and Bioinformatics ICBBB 2011;5:305–309.
Lee DG, Yi Gyeong,Ryu KS, Bashir MEA,Ryu KH. The 8th Asian Symposium on Geographic Information Systems from a Computer Science & Engineering Viewpoint ASGIS 2010, Chongqing, China April 22-24 2010.
Bashir MEA, Akasha M, Lee DG, Yi GM, Ryu KH. The 3rd International Conference FITAT 2010 Organizing the ECG Classifier’s Training Dataset with Ensemble Framework. In the 3rd International Conf FITAT 2010Yanji, China. 2010;1–5.
Bashir MEA, Akasha M, Lee DG, Yi G, Ryu KH, Cha EJ, et al. Nested Ensemble Technique for Excellence Real Time Cardiac Health Monitoring. In Int Conf Bioinforma Comput Biol BIOCOMP 2010, July 12-15, 2010, Las Vegas Nevada, USA. 2010;519–25.
Bashir MEA, Lee DG, GyoyongSohn, Ryu KH.Detecting Cardiac Arrhythmia using Remote Sensor Networks: Technologies Methods and Problems. In 2nd International Conf FITAT Chanjue, South Korea. 2009.
- The Sixth International Conference on Frontiers of Information Technology, Applications and Tools, Chungbuk National University, Topic: “Self-motivated Learning Grounds Competence Real-Time Cardiac Arrhythmia Detection”. Cheongju, South Korea 25 September - 28 September 2013.
- The International Workshop of the Applications of Database and Bioinformatics jointly organized and hosted by the CBNU's Research Institute for Computer and Information Communication, and the Database Group, Cheongju. Topic: “Healthcare Process Mining Overview, Challenges, and Solutions”. South Korea11/1/2016 to 11/8/2016.
- The International Workshop of the Applications of Database and Bioinformatics jointly organized and hosted by the CBNU's Research Institute for Computer and Information Communication, and the Database Group. Topic: “Dynamic Learning Techniques for Data Mining”. Cheongju, South Korea11/1/2016 to 11/8/2016.
Curriculum Development and Related Activities
- Participated as a team chairman, the entire program of the B.Sc. (honor) of the computer science, information technology, and information system for the faculty of computer science and information technology at the university of medical sciences and technology (2016).
- Sole developer of the entire program of master of the information system with three specializations (business, medical, and geographical) at university of medical sciences and technology. I designed the entire curriculum with its supplementary pedagogical materials (30 courses 10 for each), then writing the descriptions (2015).
- Sole developer, the entire program of higher diploma in information system at university of medical sciences and technology. It consisted of specifying first the appropriate courses (10 courses), then writing the descriptions (2015).
- Participated as a team member, the entire program of the B.Sc. of the information technology at the National Academy of Customs Science &Technology (2014).
- Developed completely the curricula of the B.Sc. undergraduate course “Management Information System” that I taught, at the University of medical sciences and technology (2012- 2019).
- Developed completely the curricula of the M.Sc. graduate course “Management Information System” that I taught, at the University of medical sciences and technology (2012- 2019).
- Developed completely the material of the Ph.D. graduate course “Knowledge Management” that I taught, at the faculty of the University of medical sciences and technology (2017- 2019).
- Developed completely the material of Ph.D. graduate course “process management” that I taught, at the faculty of the University of medical sciences and technology (2017- 2019).
- Reviewer for many papers for several international conferences e.g.:“International Conference on Frontiers of Information Technology, Applications and Tools”.
- Reviewer for several national and international journals e.g.:
- Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Humanized Computing (Springer)
- IEEE Transactions on Information Technology in Biomedicine.
- Springer Lecture Notes of Computer Science.August 20, 2019
- Cluster Computing (CLUS)
- journal of Sudan University for Science and Technology
- Journal of the Open University of Sudan.
- Evaluated32 M.Sc. Theses, M.Sc. in computer science, information technology, and information systems, University of Science and Technology, 2012- 2016.
- Evaluated 12 M.Sc. Theses, master of banking information system, Sudan Academy for Banking and Financial Sciences, 2012- 2016.
- Evaluated 25 M.Sc. Theses, master of computer science, information technology and information system programs, Open University of Sudan, 2012- 2016.
- Evaluated 12 M.Sc. Theses, MBA program, Sudan University for Science and Technology, 2012- 2016.
- Evaluated3 M.Sc. Theses, M.Sc. program, faculty of Computer Studies National Ribat University, Khartoum, Sudan2012- 2016.
- Evaluated several Theses on B.Sc. level in different universities in Sudan (university of medical science and technology, Sudan University for science and technology, Alnilin University, and the Open University of Sudan (2012-till now).
- Contributor to the establishment of the examination bank for the postgraduate level at Open University of Sudan during 2015 for the following subjects:
- Management information system (master)
- Electronic commerce (master)
- Software project management (master) d. Information systems (master)
- Object oriented programming ( master)
- Software testing ( master)
- Management information system (higher diploma)
- Object-oriented programming (higher diploma