This program aims to qualify specialists in teaching and provide them with a high level of knowledge in the various fields of education in line with the scientific and technical developments to meet the requirements of the education plans in the Sultanate. Also to prepare teachers professionally qualified to carry out the teaching and duties using modern methods and strategies, and providing them with theoretical concepts and practical skills of the processes of learning and education.
Completing education program requires two semesters with 18 credit hours for the first semester, and 15 hours for the second semester. Language of instruction in the program: Arabic language. Credit hours: 33 credit hours. Duration of Study: One academic year.
Program Admission Requirements:
The admission requirements for this program at the University of A’Sharqiyah are as follows:
1) Obtaining a Bachelor's from a university recommended by the Ministry of Higher Education.
2) The period between obtaining the certificate and applying for the program shall not exceed five years on the 1st of September of the year in which the student applies for the program.
3) Get a cumulative rate of at least 2.5 in the Grade System (0-4) or its equivalent.
4) The certificate must be full-time and regular.
5) Applicants must not exceed 40 years of age when applying for the program.
6) English language students must present the IELTS test certificate " IELTS "At a rate of at least 6 or its equivalent, to be valid, and the date of obtaining the certificate did not exceed two years when registering for the program.
These conditions may change according to instructions issued by the Ministry of Higher Education regarding the admission requirements of the program.
A test is conducted at Sultan Qaboos University for all applicants and in specializations recommended by the Ministry of Education then they will be interviewed after passing the test. The successful students will be admitted to the relevant universities and colleges.
Educational rehabilitation program is designed to accommodate students in each discipline as recommended by the Ministry of Higher Education and the Ministry of Education, in collaboration with Sultan Qaboos University, where entrance examinations take place then Successful candidates are then identified in the specialties recommended by the Ministry. The disciplines include:
• Bachelor of Science (Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Earth Sciences and the Environment).
• Mathematics with a Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics.
• Islamic education with a Bachelor's Degree in law or science, Islamic sciences.
• Arabic language holders of bachelor's degree in Arabic language and literature.
• Social studies with bachelor degree in history, geography or sociology.
• English Language bachelor degree in the language and literature E. Ngelazah.
• Computer from a bachelor's degree in computer or information technology.
• General materials from obtaining the rest of the disciplines such as fine arts, and sports, and music...etc.
A’Sharqiyah University (ASU) is a private institution of higher education located in the north of the A’Sharqiyah region of the Sultanate of Oman. It is located in Ibra 150 km from Muscat, the capital. It was established in 2009 by Ministerial Decision (78/2009) issued by the Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation.