Waleed Al Harthy
Director - Centre for Language and Foundation Studies
Centre for Language and Foundation Studies
|Name:||Waleed Al Harthy|
|Job Title:||Director - Centre for Language and Foundation Studies|
|College:||Centre for Language and Foundation Studies|
|Phone: +968-95226825||Ext. 1287|
Long teaching experience in elementary, preparatory and secondary schools as well as a good experience as a supervisor and teacher trainer at the Ministry of Education. Part time EFL lecturer at the College of Banking and Financial Studies (CBFS). Worked at Oman Tourism college (OTC) as Head of the Languages Department. Currently working as Director of Centre for Language and Foundation Studies (CLFS) at A ‘Sharqiyah University (ASU). I am also skilful with computers, management, presenting courses and presentations in teaching and learning skills.
- 2018 – PhD in Analysis and Evaluation of Education and Training Systems, Mohammed V University, Rabat, Morocco.
- 2011 - MED in TESOL, University of Exeter, United Kingdom.
- 2006 - BA degree in TESOL, Leeds University, United Kingdom.
- 1992 - Diploma degree in English Language Teaching, Teachers’ Training College of Education, Sur.
- 2001 – Preliminary English Test (pass with Merit). The British Council.
- 2001 – Introducing ELT for young Learners: Managing change, York, UK.
- 1998 – In-Service course for primary English specialists (PRIT), Oman.
- 1994 – English for CEELT (1). The British Council.
* English language teaching.
Higher education management.
- Al-Harthy, W. S. A. (2017). The Perception of the Role of Post-Lesson Discussion in the Professional Development of Omani English Teachers. Journal of Basic and Environmental Sciences, 4 (2017), 1-17.
- Al-Harthy, W. (2016). Principles and Practice of Educational Management among Private Colleges in Muscat City, Sultanate of Oman. Journal of Basic and Environmental Sciences, 4 (2017), 34-51.