QAA Department Role
The Quality Assurance and Accreditation Department (QAA) is responsible for monitoring and reviewing all quality assurance activities and performance within the University. This work is varied and includes:
- Ensuring the implementation of the ASU QA Framework
- the auditing of ASU committees for conformance
- policy management, such as monitoring and review
- new program development and approval
- program annual monitoring and review
- accreditation and standards
QAA is responsible for the secretariat of the Accreditation and Standards Committee, which manages, delegates and coordinates all review activities related to accreditation by the Oman Academic Accreditation Authority (OAAA) and other relevant professional and statutory bodies. QAA, with the DVCAAR and the Writing Team, also takes a lead role in the preparation of the ISA application and accompanying supporting materials.
The department also facilitates training as when required, especially in the areas of new staff orientation, committee processes, and ADRI.