Student Affairs Department
Student Affairs department is one of the important departments in the university; such importance comes from the basic services provided to the student to create a suitable atmosphere for his study.
Help ASU students to build their integrated personality.
- Provide the best student services for student to help them to achieve psychological and academic stability within the University environment.
- Contribute effectively to build and enrich the student’s personality through the support and the encouragement of extracurricular student activities.
- Overcome difficulties and obstacles that hinder the study of student at the university.
- Work within a stimulating environment for the student.
The objectives of student affairs department
Student Affairs Department seeks to achieve the following:
- Develop the sense of community among students and enhance their sense of national belonging and awareness.
- Encourage students to interact with each other and make closer links among themselves and among the staff of the University.
- Refine the student’s personality and talents through allowing and encouraging them to practice the extracurricular, artistic, literary, social, sportive and entertaining activities.
- Serve the outside community by encouraging students to establish a number of periodic voluntary activities and events whether by direct supervision of the university or in coordination with local community institutions in the region.
- Help students to achieve psychological and academic stability within the University environment, which would qualify them to be active members in the University’s community and develop their interpersonal skills.
- Initializing and preparing students with the practical and professional skills required by the labor market to be ready after graduation from the University.
- Assist students in providing a healthy, social and psychological environment that helps them to study through the supervision of services which have a direct relationship with students such as: student’s clinic and accommodations.
Divisions of the Department:
Student Affairs Department consists of four divisions as follows:
- Student Activities Division
- Student Services Division
- Student Counselling Division
- Career Guidance Division