Research Strategic Goals and Actions (2015-2020 )
Research is a core element of the mission of A’Sharqiyah University (ASU). We recognize that the status and quality of ASU will largely depend on the extent to which we are engaged in research and development activities as research is inevitable to sustain our academic and professional reputation. In support of the university’s strategic plan the proposed research strategic plan ‘Building on creative Knowledge’ provides a vision for accelerating the infrastructure growth and development of research, scholarship, and creative activity at ASU over the next five years. URC is committed for the creation of a dynamic, innovative and diversified environment that will support research and innovation and other scholarly activities of faculty, staff and students, and ASU ensures that we enable researchers to do outstanding work individually and in teams, in the best possible environment.
- Develop policy, procedures and regulations related to all kind of research activities.
- Provide services and resources to faculty, students and staff that stimulate research and other creative endeavors/scholarly activities.
- Encourage, promote and sustain excellence in research / Establish research centers and foster a diverse and inclusive work environment in research and innovation.
- Facilitate and enhance collaboration and partnership between faculty, with other universities and research institutes, Government and industry nationally and internationally.
- Establish a Deanship of Research with clear roles and responsibilities.
- Establish research centers in specialized areas.