A’Sharqiyah University – Conference Presentations
College of Engineering
- Cost of accidents in construction in Oman, Tariq Umar, Construction in 21st Century, Dubai, UAE, 5-7 March 2017.
- Electrical parameters degradation analysis -Oman perspective, Mohamed Shaik ,8th IEEE-INTERNATIONAL RENEW ABLE ENERGY CONGRESS, Amman,Jurdon,21-23 MAR 2017
- evaluation of initial state parameter from pressure meter test in send using similarity solution technique, Kyung Ho park, The 2016 World Congress on Advances in Civil, Environmental, and Materials Research (ACEM16), Jeju island, 28 aug-sep1
- Cuz(znsn)(s)4 electrodeposition from single bath, Mahfouz Saeed, 18th international Conference on sustainable and renewable Energy Engineering, Dubai-UAE, 16-17NOV,2016
- Millimeter wave propagation measurements in forest for 5G wireless sensor communications, Mohamed Shaik honnurvali, 16th IEEE-MEDITERRANEAN MICROWAVE SYMPOSIUM,ABU-DABI_UAE,14-16 NOV2016
- design of indirect AC-AC convert based on linear controller for power system ,Mahmoud albreem ,International conference on advances in electrical,electronic,and systems engneering , Malaysia, 14-16 nov2016
- Improving Safety Performance in Construction Organizations, Tariq Umar. National Conference on Latest HSE practices in Oman (NCHSE 2016), International College of Engineering and Management, Oman; 14 April, 2016.
- Improving Safety Performance in Construction Using Safety Climate Factors, Tariq Umar. Association of Researcher in Construction Management (ARCOM) Doctoral Workshop “Going North for Sustainability”; London South Bank University, UK; 30 June 2016.
- A Review of Construction Safety, Challenges and Opportunities – Oman Perspective. Tariq Umar and Sam Wamuziri, The 5th World Construction Symposium; Colombo, Sri Lanka, 29-31 July 2016.
- Using Safety Climate as tool for Improvement of Safety Performance in Construction Organizations. Tariq Umar and Sam Wamuziri, The 5th World Construction Symposium; Colombo, Sri Lanka, 29-31 July 2016.
- Strength Analysis of Concrete (300/20) with Superplasticizer’’ International Conclave on Innovations in Engineering and Management, Tariq Umar and Sam Wamuziri ,(Oman Vision 2020: Opportunities and Challenges), Waljat College of Applied Sciences Oman; 24th and 25th February , 2016.
- A Review of Conventional and Renewable Energy Resources in Oman.,Tariq Umar and Sam Wamuziri ,Conference on Energy Challenges in Oman (ECO 2015), Dhofar University; Sultanate of Oman,09-10 December, 2015.
- Analysis of Seaports Performance Using Data Envelopment Analysis, Sam Wamuziri and Tariq Umar, 1st symposium on Ports in Oman, Rustaq College of Applied Sciences, Ministry of Higher Education, Oman, 5 – 6, May 2015.
- Analysis of Variety of Flexible Pavement With Image Analyzer, Tariq Umar and Sam Wamuziri, 8th international conference on Construction in 21th century (CITC-8), Thessaloniki, Greece, 27 – 30 May 2015.
- Biogeography-based Optimization Algorithm for Independent Component Analysis, Jehad Abdeneh, International Conference on Computing Technology and Information Management (ICCTIM2014), Dubai, UAE, April, 9 – 11, 2014.
College of Business Administration
- Scientific life in OMAN during the 19th century, Dr.Yousif Alkasbi, COBA Arab Islamic heritage: past and present, Egypt, 27-28 Feb 2017.
- Exploring factors affecting acceptance of E-learning :innovative technology solutions in Oman, Salim alhajri,6th international conference on applied science, Management and technology 2017, UAE,17-19 Jan 2017
- Opportunities challenges faced by the family-based entrepreneurial firms in Asharqiyah, Iffat Sabir, 7th international conference on economics finance management Outlooks, Dubai-UAE ,15 OCT2016
- Opportunities, Challenges and risk management in international Business ,Mohammed Haneefuddin ,3rd international conference on applied Business and Economic Research , New Delhi-India,30-31 July 2016
- ‘Dismantling Barriers with Wasta: The Social Network Concept of Arab Interpersonal Connection’. Symposium entitled ‘Nabil Sultan, Servant-Leadership and Social Capital, organised by the Servant Leadership Centre for Research and Education (SERVUS), Vrije Universiteit, , Amsterdam, Netherlands, 25-27 April, 2016
- ‘Wearable Technology: Potential and Challenges for Education and Knowledge Management’, Nabil Sultan,12th Learning and Technology Conference Effat University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, 12-13 April, 2015
- Beating the odds: A story of pain and success from the land of Sheba, Nabil Sultan, Symposium entitled ‘Servant-Leadership across Times of Crises’, organised by the Servant Leadership Centre for Research and Education (SERVUS), Vrije Universiteit, , Amsterdam, Netherlands.. 4 May, 2015.
- The New Disruptive Phase of Mobile Technology: The Case of Wearables’Nabil Sultan., The 20th International Academy of Management and Business Conference, Istanbul, Turkey, October 21-23, 2015.
- Perceived Effects of Workforce Emotions on Organizational Viability in the Corporate Sector in Pakistan’ Iffat Sabir Managing Complexity with the Viable Systems Model Conference, , Hull University Business School, United Kingdom, 11-14 Nov, 2015.
- Spices trade between Oman and India’: An Overview of the greatest relationship in trade between Oman and India. Al-Kasbi, Yousef In species through different areas in both countries and how this trade improves to be more famous.’Muscat, Oman, 2015.
- Trends in Multidisciplinary Business and Economic Research” Mohammad Haneefuddin, Trends in Multidisciplinary Business and Economic Research” (TMBER- March 25-26, 2015), TMBER- Bangkok, Thailand, March 25-26, 2015.
- National Conference on New Trends in Marketing in Information Technology Applications in Business , Mohammad Haneefodin ( NC-NTITAB 2015) Oman College of Management & Technology (OCMT) Barka, Oman , 18-19, May 2015.
- Financial Frauds, Crimes and Risks in Financial Services Industry: At what Cost? And who is Accountable?’ Godwin, The third International Conference on Business & Management in Connected Era, Skyline University College, University City of Sharjah,17-19 November, UAE,2015.
- Islamic Financial Markets- A complementary to the conventional system: Special Focus on Sultanate of Oman. Australian Academy of Business and Social Sciences (In Partnership with The Journal of Developing Areas, The JDA, USA), P. Kallu Rao, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 25 – 26 August 2014.
- Commodity Derivatives Trading in India – Issues and Concerns, P. Kallu Rao, Two Day National Seminar, Osmania university, Hyderabad, India, 7- 8 August 2014.
- Corporate Governance and Ethics in Islamic Financial Services- Is Both Sides of the One Coin or One Side of the Different Coins”, Paga Rao The First Sharjah International Conference on Islamic Finance: Innovative Instruments, Issues of Implementation and Future Challenges”, ,Sharjah University, Sharjah, UAE, 5-6, November 2014.
College of Applied Sciences
- Synergistic effects of combining ultrasound and microwave irradiation shock on dextran biodegradation catalyzed by dextranase enzyme ,Mohanad Bashir, Mocao 1 international conference “engineering technology and computer basic and applied science, Mocao ,china,20-21 JAN2017
- Consumption of raw milk as a source of human brucellosis in the Dhofar Governorate in the Sultanate of Oman, Falah Al-Ani, 6th International Conference and Exhibition on Nutrition, San Antonio Texas-USA, 14-16 Sep 2016
- Epicatechin Metabolites and its effect on ROS production in bovine Aortic Endothelial Cells, Nasiruddin Khan, 18th International Conference on Food Science, Nutrition and Food Technology, Dubai-UAE, September 21-22, 2016.
- Estimation of Energy levels of Self-assembled Ferrocenyls and Investigation of Charge-Driven Electro-Crystallization of Ferricenyl materials, Hakikulla shah, 3th International Conference on power and Engineering 2016, Kitakyushu-Japan, 8-12 sep 2016
- Polymeric electrochemical motors sense physic and chemical working conditions artificial proprioception ,Yahya Ismail ,CIM5th international conference-smart and multifunctional materials, Devices , Perugia-Italy,5-10 June 2016
- Ionomeric Materials for Robotic Actuator, Dynamic Sensor and Artificial Muscle Applications, Mohammad Luqman,
Yahya A. Ismail, Mohammad Changez, Hakikulla H. Shah, 8th International Workshop on Advanced Materials (IWAM-2016),
II.18, Ras Al Khaimah, UAE, 21-23 Feb., 2016.
- Potential of Inositol Phosphate in Risk Management of Aflatoxin Through Mutagenic Potential Modification and Toxin Formation In Vitro,Mohammad Sadat Ali, 29th EFFoST International Conference, Athens,Greece,10-12 Nov 2015
- Principles of prevention and management of Sarcopenia among elderly. Louay Labban, 2nd International conference on Geriatrics and Gerontology. Toronto, Canada, 24-26 August, 2015.
- Conducting polymers as biomimetic reactive sensors of the working conditions: Evidence from Polyaniline, Yahya A. Ismail, International Conference on Advances in Functional Materials, Stony Brook University, NY, USA, 29 June –3 July, 2015.
- Traditional & Alternative Medicine August 03-05 Screening of antibacterial activity of prophetic medicines on selected bacterial isolates, Mohammad Sadat Ali , International conference of the science , Birmingham, UK, 1- 4, August 2015.
- Conducting polymers as self-sensing artificial muscles based on chemical reactivity: Mimicking brain –muscle feedback communication, Yahya A. Ismail, 7th International workshop on advanced materials -IWAM -2015, Ras Al Khaima Center for Advanced Materials, Ras Al Khaima, UAE, 21 -24 Feb, 2015.
- The effect of heavy metals contamination on the nutritional status of children in Oman, Louay Labban, Ministry of municipalities, Oman, 2015
- Honey as a promising treatment for Diabetic Foot Ulcers (DFU) Louay Labban, Diabetic foot society, Muscat, Oman, 2015.
- Artificial Muscles based on Non-perfluorinated Ionomers, Mohammad Luqman ,7th International Workshop on Advanced Materials (IWAM-2015), Ras Al Khaimah, UAE, February 22-24, 2015.
- Evaluation of selected Omani medicinal plants by SEM and investigation of their antioxidant activity , Hakikullah Shah First international SQU CHEMISTRY CONFERENCE RECENT TRENDS IN DRUGS DEVLOPMENT, Sultan Qaboos University, Muscat, Oman,12-14, Nov.,2015.
- Investigations of bioactive compounds from Omani and Egyptian orange peels, Vanditha Singh, First international SQU CHEMISTRY CONFERENCE RECENT TRENDS IN DRUGS DEVLOPMENT, Sultan Qaboos University, Muscat, Oman 12-14, Nov.,2015.
- SUPPORTED ZNO NANOSTRUCTURES: SYNTHESIS AND POSSIBLE IMPLANTATION IN WATER TREATMENT PLANTS, Thuraya Al Harthi , Conference on nanotechnology of water treatment and solar energy applications, Muscat, Oman, December, 2015.
- Taxonomy of Petalonema incrustans Scytonemataceae, Cyanobacteria , Jackson, Conference of national journal in taxonomy of algae and applications, Kerala, India, 2015.
- Homopolymer Vesicle for Drug delivery, Mohammad Changez, Nam Goo Kang, Yahya A. Ismail, 1st International SQU Chemistry Conference: Recent Trends in drug Development, RTDD-2015, Sultan Qaboos University, Muscat Oman, 10-12, Nov. 2015.
- Conducting polymers as biomimetic reactive materials for simultaneous sensing actuator application: Mimicking muscle – brain communication, Yahya A. Ismail, 247th American Chemical Society (ACS) National meeting & Exposition, Dallas (TX), USA 16 -20, March, 2014.
- Structural Electrochemical Kinetics- From Biomimetic Properties and Devices to A Brain Memory Hypothesis , Yahya A. Ismail, 11th ISEAC-DM-2014 of Indian Society of Electro Analytical Chemistry, Amritsar, India, 21-25 Feb. 2014.
- Ionic Polymer Metal Composite (IPMC) Actuator based on a Non-perfluorinated Polymer, Mohammad Luqman, 2nd Arab-American Frontiers of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine Symposium, Muscat, Oman, December 13-15, 2014
- The Importance of sports equestrian activity in environmental international tourism, Falah Alani, The Seventh Session of Lectures & Exhibition on Equestrian, Al-Guidahdh/ Morocco, 23 -25 October 2014.
- On Robin’s Inequality and Riemann Hypothesis, Jamal Salah,12th UAE Math day, American University, Dubai, UAE, April 19, 2014.
- Laplace and Convolution transforms, Jamal Salah, Solutions of Differential Equations from Transform Techniques (SDET2) COMSTECH Pakistan, Feb 2014
- Effective Implementation and Enforcement Strategies for Food Safety Compliance among SMEs in Oman, Dev. S.R.S. and S. Ghnimi, he 4th Oman International Food Safety Conference, Muscat, Oman, 22-23 April, 2014.
- Shelf Life Extension of Mulberry Using Cold Storage in Modified Atmospheric Conditions, Wang, R., Dev. S.R.S., G.S.V. Raghavan and Y. Gariépy, 2014 American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers’ Annual International Meeting, Montreal, Canada, 13 – 26 July, 2014.
- Microwave Assisted Solar Vapor Absorption Systems for Sustainable Cold Chain in Oman – A feasibility analysis, Dev. S.R.S., S. Ghnimi and A. Manickavasagan, 2014 NABEC Conference, Kemptville, ON, Canada. 27-30 July, 2014
- Conducting polymers are simultaneous sensing actuators”, Fransisco G. Córdova, Yahya A. Ismail, Jose G. Martinez, Ahmad S. Al Harrasi, Toribio. F. Otero, SPIE Smart Structures and NDE -15th EAPAD conference, San Diego, USA, 10 -14, March 2013
- Evaluation of Electrolyzed Oxidizing Water for Cleaning-In-Place of On-Farm Milking Systems. Wang, X., S.R.S. Dev, A. Demirci, R. E. Graves, and V. M. Puri, 2013 NABEC Conference, Altoona, PA, USA, 16-19 June, 2013.