Colleges and majors
A’sharqiyah University was launched with three colleges: College of Business Administration, College of Engineering and College of Applied and Health Sciences . During the current academic year 2017/2018, the College of Law and College of Arts and Humanities were added.
Colleges are as follows:
College of Business Administration:
- Accounting & finance.
- Management information systems.
- Records and Archive Management.
- Team entrepreneurship in collaboration with Tampere university in Finland.
College of Applied and Health Sciences :
- Food science and human nutrition.
- Marine Sciences and fisheries: includes Labs (physics lab, Biology lab, food microbiology laboratory, organic chemistry lab, chemistry lab, food chemistry/food analysis laboratory, multipurpose lab, evaluation of nutrition and meal planning lab and food processing lab).
College of Engineering:
- Environmental engineering.
- Civil engineering.
- Construction Project Management
- Electronic and communications engineering.
College of engineering includes many laboratories (construction lab, geo lab, thermofloid lab, CAD lab, transport laboratory, environmental engineering lab, MATLAB, electronics and communication lab and laboratory of digital systems and circuits).
We recently added a BA in public law, a teacher training diploma, a BA in psychological counseling and a Masters of Business Administration. Furthermore, ASU has some programs for those who wish to pursue their undergraduate studies in the evening. These evening classes are offered for several majors by the College of Engineering and College of Business Administration. Moreover, the Special Part Time program for Engineering is offered for those students who wish to study Engineering on a two weeks on/off system. All these programs are intended for employees who cannot attend day classes.