Procurement and Contracts Department:
Procurement and Contracts department is one of the operation departments reporting to the Assistant Vice Chancellor for Administration and Finance. The mission of the department is “To purchase goods and services with right quality and right quantity at the right time and place at desired price”. Some responsibilities of the department as follow:
- Receive purchase requisitions from different units of the university.
- Purchase goods & services and insure that it meets the requirements of the user departments.
- Handle all correspondence with suppliers relating to RFQ’s, quotations and purchase orders.
- Monitor and record suppliers performance.
- Furnish, upon request, prices or estimates of cost materials & supplies to the different units of the university.