Dean Office: Admin Building
Dean ‘s Coordinator
Office: Admin Building
Telephone: + 968 25560704 ext. 205
BASIC SCIENCES DEPARTMENT
- Doctorof Philosophy– Pathology (1985) Kansas State University, USA.
- Bachelor degree-(BVM&S)- Veterinary Medicine & Surgery Baghdad University, Iraq (1973)
- Evaluating of camel milk in treatment of certain human chronic diseases with some emphasis on diabetic patients
Associate Professor of Chemistry
Office: Cabin # 2, Office No: 4
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Education:
- Doctor of Philosophy – Chemistry (Intelligent Polymers) Aligarh Muslim University – India
- Master of Philosophy-Chemistry (Solid State Chemistry) Aligarh Muslim University – India
- Master of Science-Chemistry Aligarh Muslim University – India
- Bachelor of Science- Chemistry University of Calicut- India
Advanced Materials and Intelligent Polymers for Advanced Applications: – Conducting Polymers based artificial muscles and sensors, sensing actuators, bio mimetic properties and brain –machine interfacing, Nano fibers based on Hydrogel/EAP hybrid systems for bio artificial muscles, energy storage etc.
Assistant Professor- Chemistry
Cabin # 2, Office No: 6
- Doctor of Philosophy-Polymer Science and Engineering Chosun University- South Korea-2007
- Master of Science-Industrial ChemistryAligarh Muslim University- India-2001
- Bachelor of Science-Industrial Chemistry Aligarh Muslim University- India-1999
- Excellent Heat and Flame Resistance, High Impact and Scratch Resistance, Excellent Transparency, UV Resistance, Excellent Antistatic, Dielectric and Mechanical Strength
- Artificial Muscles, Actuators and Sensors, Biomimetic Smart Materials, Membrane Applications (Desalination, Gas/Gas, Gas/Liquid and Liquid/Liquid Separations, Water Treatment, Energy Generation and Storage), Shape Memory, Construction Industry, Catalysis, Biocompatible/degradable, Drilling Fluid Applications.
- Master of Philosophy-Microbiology Annamalai University- India
- Master of Science-Microbiology BabasahebAmbedkarMarathwada University- India
- Bachelor of Science- Microbiology Osmania University-India
- Bachelor of Education Osmania University-India
- Antimicrobial Activities of Medicinal Plants, Tibb-an-Nabawi (Healing with the medicine of the Prophet (PBUH) & Alternative Medicine.
- RESEARCH PROJECTS AT ASU AS PI, TRC-FURAP (2015), OMAN “SCREENING OF ANTIMICROBIAL AND ANTIOXIDANT POTENTIAL OF OMANI MEDICINAL PLANTS MENTIONED IN PROPHETIC MEDICINE (TIBB E NABAWI)”
- PhD-Mathematics (2012) UKM University Malaysia
- Riemann Hypothesis & Robin’s Inequality.
- Fractional Calculus
- Analytical number Theory
- Ph.D. (1998) – Chemistry (Colloid and Surface Chemistry) (Hamdard University, New Delhi, India
- M.S. (1988)- Chemistry (Bhagalpur University, India)
- B.Sc. 1986 – Chemistry (Bhagalpur University)
- Polymeric Design and Synthesis, Nano Materials, Controlled Drug Delivery, Molecular Ordering, Nano-Science and Technology.
- Master of Science-Mathematics (2009) University of Jordan-Jordan
- Bachelor of Science-Mathematics (2001) Baghdad University-Iraq
- Master of Science-Mathematics Yarmouk University
- Bachelor of Science- Mathematics Yarmouk University
- Master of Science-Physics Calicut University- India
- Bachelor of Science- Physics Calicut University-India
- Bachelor of Education Calicut University-India
- Nuclear irradiation on polymeric materials
- Master of Science – Physics Education Cagayan State University-Philippines
- Bachelor of Science- Computer Engineering St. Paul University Philippines
- Ph.D. in Chemistry (Co-Funded: British Council, UK PhD Research Scholarship) On Joint project between University of Bath, UK & Sultan Qaboos University, Oman
- M.Sc. in Chemistry Pune University, India
- B.Sc. in Chemistry North Maharashtra University, India
Research Interests: Research projects at ASU as PI:
- TRC-FURAP (2015), Oman “Green Extraction and Fractionation of Phenolic Antioxidants from Selected Medicinal Plants in Oman”,
- ASU-FSFR, Oman; “Ferrocenyl Di-ynes and Poly-ynes: Synthesis, Characterization, Electrochemistry and X-ray Crystallography” Funding agency from Orange Peel”; (Budgeted
- Ph.D. School of Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering, Bharathiar University, TN , India. 2009
- M.S. Dept of Biochem, M.I.E.T Arts and Science College, Bharathidasan University, TN, India. 2005
- Cancer Drug Discovery and Cellular Signaling
- Bachelor of Science-Applied Chemistry (2011) Higher College of Technology
- Bachelor of Science-Applied Chemistry (2013) sultan Qaboos university
- M.S. Elim University, Sikkim, India. 2011
- B.S. Lucknow University, Lucknow, India.
- Molecular biology
- Master of Science-Chemistry Sultan Qaboos University- Oman
- Bachelor of Education – Chemistry Sultan Qaboos University- Oman
- Environmental applications of Nanotechnology, water purification, chemical synthesis of nanostructures, photocatalysis and analytical chemistry applications.
- Doctor of Philosophy – Botany (Species Diversity, DNA Barcoding and Bioprospecting of Algae) Mahatma Gandhi University – India
- Master of Science – Botany (Biotechnology as the special paper) Mahatma Gandhi University – India
- Master of Philosophy – Biotechnology Vinayaka Missions University – India
- Post Graduate Diploma in Educational Planning Management and Administration, University of Kerala – India
- Master of Education – (Curriculum Development and Advanced Techniques of Instruction) Annamalai University – India
- Bachelor of Education (Natural Science – Biology) University of Kerala – India
- Bachelor of Science- Botany (with Zoology & Chemistry) University of Kerala – India
- Biodiversity exploration and Bioprospecting of microalgae, macro-algae (Seaweeds) and Plants for food supplements, feed, fuel and medicine. Spirulina Production Technologies, Mass cultivation of microalgae, Nano- biotechnological applications of Diatoms, Phycotechnology.
FOOD SCIENCE AND HUMAN NUTRITION DEPARTMENT
- Doctor Of Philosophy-food Science And Technology, Jiangnan University, China, 2014.
- Master Of Science- Food Engneering. University Of Gezira, Sudan, 2007
- Bachelor Of Science- Food Engineering Technology, University Of Gezira, Sudan, 2003
- Design Of Sugar Crystallizers, And Enzymatic Reactors.
- Developing Novel Methods To Improve The Industrial Enzyme Efficiency Using Ultrasound , Microwave And High Hydrostatic Pressure
- Production Of Microbial Enzymes And Immobilization Of Enzymes And Their Application In Sugar Manufacturing Process
- PhD in Food Science and Nutrition (Sultan Qaboos University, Oman)
- P.G. Diploma in Patent Law (Nalsar University of Law, India)
- Master of Science-Chemistry (Lucknow University, India)
- Bachelor of Science-Chemistry (Lucknow University, India)
- Value added Functional products from locally grown fruits and vegetables
- Isolation and characterization of bioactive compounds from natural products and its potential health benefits
- M.Sc (Hons) Food Technology, Faisalabad Agr University. Pakistan.
- B.Sc (Hons) Agriculture, Faisalabad Agr University. Pakistan.
- Master of Science in Applied Nutrition (minor in Biochemistry) University of the Philippines Los Banos-Philippines
- Bachelors of Science in Nutrition University of the Philippines Los Banos-Philippines
- Master of Science (Food Science & Nutrition) University of Peshawar, Pakistan
- Bachelor of Science (Food Science & Nutrition) University of Peshawar, Pakistan
- Ph.D.: Human Nutrition from University of Barcelona, Spain.
- M.S.: Nutrition and Metabolism: University of Barcelona, Spain.
- Inorganic Chemistry from Aligarh Muslim University and Biotechnology from Bundelkhand University, India
- Dietary polyphenols, antioxidants, cocoa and chocolate in cardiovascular diseases
- Dietary nutrients, diabetes, obesity, metabolic syndrome, vitamin D status.
- Bachelor of Science-Food Sciences & Human Nutrition, Sultan Qaboos University-Oman
MARINE SCIENCE AND FISHERIES DEPARTMENT
- Doctor of Philosophy- Aquaculture University, of Aberdeen , Scotland UK. 1988
- Bachelor degree. Agriculture Mansoura University Egypt.
- Marine fish farming , Marine Cage Farming, Shrimp Farming